Do you know that there are about 10 billion germs in a tooth brush? We have some misconception about toothbrush. If we want to get healthy fresh mouth, we must give up those misconception immediately. Let us our common mistakes about tooth brush.
Some General Misconception About Tooth Brush:
1. Keeping Tooth Brush Nearer of Toilet: Normally people keep their tooth brush nearer of the toilet that is harmful. Because, germs from the toilet easily comes to the tooth brush if it is in the 6 feet far from the toilet.
2. Keeping tooth Brush into a Plastic Box: Somebody keeps their toothbrush into a plastic box which is also dangerous practice. Because, germs can grow there more due to inherent moisture & temperature. That is why, scientists have suggested us not to keep the tooth brush inside of a plastic box. It is better if you keep your tooth brush inside of a packet made of clean fabrics.
3. Cleaning Tooth Brush by Microwave Oven: Somebody wants to kill germs of tooth brush by heating through micro wave which is also dangerous. Because, most of the tooth brushes are made of plastic, silicon & nylon. If you heat them through microwave oven, they become defective and as a result, cancer may be happened from that tooth brush. Instead of that process of microwave cleaning, you should clean it by hot water & soap. Then, you have to keep it under a clean cloth. However, you should change your tooth brush after a certain period (say, three months).
4. Toothpaste Kills Bacteria: Many people think that toothpaste kills bacteria but it is wrong. General tooth paste never kills bacteria, but, there are some tooth pastes which may kill bacteria since they have anti-bacteria. You should not always think that your tooth paste would kill germs. So Take care of your tooth paste in another way.
5. Necessity of More Chemicals in Tooth Paste: You might think that if there are more chemicals in the tooth brush, it would help you to kill germs of your teeth. But it is not right. That is why, avoid those tooth pastes which have more sodium laurel sulphate or tri-closun co-polymer. Because, we have some useful bacteria in our mouth which help us to prevent diseases. If we kill them, we will be in danger. So give up the concept that tooth paste with more chemical is good for us.