In traditional way, wooden furniture manufacturing is very easy, but in professional way, it is not so easy. If you want set up a wooden furniture manufacturing company, you must be a professional manufacturer. And, to be honest, to become a professional wooden furniture manufacturer, you need some automatic as well as some semi-automatic machinery. You can manufacture wooden furniture in a batch with the help of this automatic machinery. By using these automatic machines, you can manufacture wooden furniture in knock down manufacturing process also.
You should use European Furniture Manufacturing Machinery (especially German Machines) or you can use Taiwanese machinery also. If your budget is good enough, you should select European Machinery (Homag Brand, SCM Brand). But if your budget is not good enough, you can choose at least Taiwanese Furniture Manufacturing Machinery. You can use Chinese machinery, but, I do not suggest. For wooden furniture manufacturing in a professional way, you need a lot of machinery. It is about 3 times than Panel Furniture Manufacturing Machinery.
List of Wooden Furniture Manufacturing Machinery (Semi-Auto & Automatic):
- Auto Panel Saw or Beam Saw: It is used to cut Veneer Board / Furnitex Board according to your required sizes to produce Cupboard or flat paneled wooden furniture.
- CNC Router Machine: It is used to make curve shaped or profile shaped wooden part precisely as per drawing. It will work as per drawing provided in its language (machine language/CAM). It can be 2D or 3D. But 3D is better for precise carving instead of hand carving. Hand carving is slow process and its productivity is low but CNC carving is high productive.
- Double End Tenoner (DET Machine): It is used to get smooth edge of sized panel. It is used to mold (required shape as per drawing) the edge of Panel/Board also. Sized panel can be grooved also with the help of this machine.
- Straight Edge Bander: It is used to cover edge of veneer board or MDF board with Veneer Edging (in case of Straight Part)
- Profile Edge Bander: It is used to cover edge of veneer board or MDF board with Veneer Edging in case of Curved/Profile shaped panel part.
- Multi-Head Boring Machine: Mainly, it is used for drilling/boring operation for knock down furniture manufacturing.
- Heavy Duty Saw: It is used to cut timber straight or profile for the preparation of seasoning or furniture manufacturing
- Jointer Planer: It is used to plane and even surface of timber longitudinally.
- Thickness Planer: It is used to obtain required thickness of timber for furniture manufacturing.
- Radial Arm Saw: It is used for cross cutting of timber.
- Rip Saw or Multi-Rip Saw: It is used to cut timber longitudinally in the best way. You can save time of timber cutting by using Multi-Rip Saw machine.
- Wood Lathe: It is used to turn timber to get different tone shape for furniture manufacturing.
- Rectangular Tenoner: It is used to tenon (make elliptical shape in the end of the timber) of Wood for assembling. It is male part of furniture parts.
- Oscillation Mortiser: It is used to make a bin (elliptical hole) in the timber. It is a female part. These two machines are very important for wooden furniture manufacturing.
- Spindle Molder: It is used to get different shape in the timber for wooden furniture manufacturing. You can get V-Shape, U-Shape, L-Shape and many other shapes with this machine. These shapes are depends on design or shape of Molding Cutter. You need a lot of molding cutters to get too many shapes in timber part.
- Multi-Head Molder: It is upgraded version of Spindle Molder. With the help of Multi-Head molder, you can get more productivity and more facility. It saves time of cutter changing. You can get more shapes at a time than spindle molder.
- Wide Belt Sander: It is used to sand surface of timber or veneer board to get smooth surface before lacquer application or polishing.
- Block Sander: It is used to sand of profile shaped wood for furniture manufacturing.
These above machinery are the major machinery for wooden furniture manufacturing. There is another more auxiliary machinery to enhance productivity such as: Copy Router Machine, Hand Router Machine, Hinge Boring Machine, Hand Sander etc. Actually, you will be required more number of machinery to establish a wooden furniture manufacturing company.