During developing a website or a blog, you must keep the site loading time in your mind. You might have a lot of good quality unique web contents, but if your site’s loading time is more, you will not get return visitor to your blog. However, Google might mind also if your site is slow. To know about the loading time of your site, you can use Google Tools What Speed Checker Tool .
Follow the following tips to make faster your blog:
1) Less Use of Java Script: Java script has more loading time. It makes your site slow. Try to use java script as less as possible. But, if you have to use java script, use it just before closing body tag (</body>).
2) Use of Good Quality Theme: Use good quality SEO optimized theme. You must be careful during using any free theme because, sometimes, there might be unwanted code (malware). So before using any theme, check it first, then, use.
3) Avoid More Uses of Photo: Try to avoid more uses of photo in your blog. If you want to use more photos, try to optimize them first (Resize them or convert them into .PNG file). Normally, .PNG file is very small compared to .JPG or others. To reduce photo size, you can use “Save for Web” options from photoshop.
4) Use Less number of Widget: Try to use less number of widget. Sometimes, it is seen that some bloggers use more widget in the different bars. It reduces the speed (increase the page loading time).
5) Less Use of Ads : Try to use less number of ads field to reduce loading time of your site. Visitors feels uneasy to see more ads. If you use more ads, you might loss your returning visitors.
6) Never Use Popup Ads: Never use popup ads in your blog. It disturbs to the visitors and you might loss your returning visitors to your blog. It reduces the loading time also.
7) Use Read More Link: Always use “Read More” link to show 1st few words of your posts to save loading time of the whole posts.
8) Keep Less Posts in the Home Page: Try to keep 5-10 posts in your home page to save loading time of your site. Show rest of the posts by page navigation (Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, Next ).
9) Use Good Hosting Providers: Try to use good hosting service who use high speedy servers. If you target visitor is more from USA, try to use hosting server of USA but if you want local visitors, you can use local (your country) host.
Optional: Use W3 Total Cache Plugin if you are blogging on wordpress platform. It boosts up your site loading speed and reduces page loading time.
I hope these tips would help you a lot. If it is ok, I would be happy. If you really liked these tips, kindly share it to the social sites and make at least one comments.