At first, let us know what is Panel. Panel is a Plain Board made of Wood Chips with Melamine Paper Lamination. It is called MFC board (Melamine Faced Chip Board) also. It is well known in the world. It is the alternative of Wood. Panel Furniture manufacturing Process has also several distinguished operations like Wooden Furniture manufacturing process, but there is some differentiation in the operations. It starts from Panel Board Cutting and ends at Delivery to Distribution Center. Panel Furniture Manufacturing is slight easy compared to others. It is a quick process. If you want, you can manufacture panel based furniture within 2-3 hours. So let us see what the operations of Panel Furniture Manufacturing are:
Panel Cutting DET and Profiling for Panel Furniture Manufacturing:
- At first, you have to cut the panel (MFC Board) into required sizes with the help of Panel Saw machine.
- Then, you have to perform DET operation with the Double End Tenoner machine to get 100% rectangular & fine edged surface.
- If necessary, you have to perform profile cutting operation with the help of Router machine to get profile shape.
Straight & Profile Edge Banding for Panel Furniture Manufacturing:
- After cutting of panel (board), its edge has to be covered by PVC edge banding material named PVC Edging with the help of Straight Edge Bander (Straight Edge Banding Machine)
- In case of profile shaped panel, it has to be covered by PVC Edging with the help of Profile Edge Bander (Profile Edge Banding Machine).
Drilling & Boring Operation for Panel Furniture Manufacturing:
- After completing Edge Banding operation, you have to perform drilling and boring operation in specific locations as per drawing. In this regard, you can use Multi-Head Boring Machine for best performance. It is compulsory operation for knock down furniture manufacturing.
Assembling Operation for Panel Furniture Manufacturing:
- After completing Drilling & Boring operations, you have to assemble that furniture for checking whether all previous operations have been successfully completed or not. In case of batch production, you have to check only one product just not all of them.
- Another thing is that you may have to assemble some hardware (especially, Drawer Slide) at sight (in the furniture manufacturing factory) so that unskilled people can assemble that furniture on the customer’s site (on the spot).
Packing Operation for Panel Furniture Manufacturing:
- After completing all previous operations, you have to make ready all parts for packing. You have to organize (sort out) all parts separately in the furniture manufacturing floor before packing.
- You have to be careful during packing of knock down furniture because if you miss any part/ hardware or if you make any mistake to put all necessary & right parts into packet, no fitter can assemble that furniture at customer’s site. Be careful on it!
Delivery of FG to Distribution Department for Shipment:
- After finishing of packing operation, you have to deliver them to distribution department to ship out to the respective customer’s point.
- You can directly ship out from production floor also in case of bulk order from any customer.
Actually, the production process of panel furniture manufacturing is very easy. If you want you can produce panel furniture without using heavy machinery. But, for batch production it is very difficult. With the help of heavy and automatic machinery you can produce a lot of panel furniture within short time. In this case, productivity will be enhanced.