Furniture is manufactured through several operations. These operations are depends on types of furniture manufactured. To manufacture wooden furniture, you have to do several specific operations. These operations also varied with process furniture manufacturing and discrete furniture manufacturing. In this topic, I will discuss about process furniture manufacturing flow.
Receiving of Timber for Furniture Manufacturing Process
- Timber is received from timber storage area and then checked properly
- After that timber is measured to ensure sizes and moisture content in between 12-15% as it is mandatory for timbered furniture manufacturing
- Each bundle of timber is documented / listed and sent to production floor for furniture manufacturing process
Timber Cutting & Molding for Furniture Manufacturing
- Timber is selected from the timber bundle and every piece of timber is carefully cut cross wise
- Sized timber is then bundled on pallets after cutting.
- Then it is processed at molding section to achieve the required shapes and sizes for furniture manufacturing
- After that, these are bundled again. Documentation and identification of every bundle is properly done here.
Component Fabrication for Furniture Manufacturing
- Molded timber is processed by different wood working machines (say, Spindle Molder machine, Router Machine, Round End Tenoner Machine, Oscillation Mortiser Machine etc) depending on its shape and design to obtain its features.
- After that, these components are sanded properly to round all sharp edges and to smooth surface of the timber.
Assembly Operation for Furniture Manufacturing
- Each component is being assembled according to drawing & design to figure the part of the planned furniture.
- All Joints are glued together to form a strong bond. In some cases, wooden dowel pin is used to join two parts of furniture. After that, assembled parts are stacked together and labeled for future identification.
Finishing & Packing for Furniture Manufacturing
- Assembled parts are then dipped into teak oil for some time and wiped dry to get the brown/teak finishing.
- Teak oil acts as anti-insect, anti-fungus as well as teak oil provide a weather coat and UV resistant to the wood.
- After dipping into teak oil for some and wiping out and drying, they are inspected again before being packed into carton boxes.
Delivery after Furniture Manufacturing
- Finished furniture is loaded into vehicles/containers according to customer’s order.
- These containers are then shipped out through vehicle or ship to different customers of all over the world.
Next, I will share you Panel Furniture Manufacturing Flow. It is very easy process.