The AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals exam continues to attract popularity in the industry. It is the starting point for anyone interested in gaining Microsoft Azure Certification. As the name implies, Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 delves into the fundamentals and essential concepts of Azure. You must understand the fundamentals before moving on to the more complicated features and activities.
Why Should You Take the Azure Fundamentals Exam?
The reasons for choosing Azure Fundamental Certification include the following:
- Learn about the various use cases for Azure cloud services in businesses.
- Learn the distinctions between Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Learn about Azure’s Core Services, which comprise architectural components, administration tools, and Azure products and solutions.
- Learn more about the privacy, security, and compliance features built into Azure products.
AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam Overview
The AZ-900 test is for beginners and does not cover any of Azure roles. The azure certification cost is $99. After earning the AZ 900, you can pursue more specialized certifications. Clearing Azure Fundamentals is not a required prerequisite for most Azure role certifications. However, mastering all of the certificates is recommended. As a result, before you get into the step-by-step guide to preparing for this exam, it’s a good idea to get a quick summary of the exam.
You get about 85 minutes to complete the exam that consists of 40 to 60 questions. The passing mark for the exam will be 700, and any erroneous answers will not result in a penalty. As a result, it is better to take the exam and answer all questions. There will be MCQs, mark reviews, short answers, case studies, and drag and drop questions in the test.
The Azure Fundamentals Certification Covers the Following Topics:
As mentioned in the certification program, you can expect questions from several modules in the Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 test. As a result, students are urged to thoroughly understand the modules listed below to prepare for the exam. There are six domains in the Microsoft Azure Certifications AZ-900 Exam. Here is a list of domains and subdomains, as well as their weightings, to assist you in expediting your exam preparation.
- Describe Cloud Concepts– This domain has a weightage of 20 to 25%.
- Describe the Core Azure Services– This domain has a 15–20 percent weighting in the exam.
- Describe Azure Core Solutions and Management Tools– This domain weighs 10 to 15% in the exam.
- Explain Features of Network Security and General Security- It holds a weightage of 10 to 15%.
- Describe Identity, Governance, Privacy, and Compliance Features — With a weightage of 20 to 25%, this is a crucial module for the AZ-900 test.
- Describe Azure Cost Management and Service Level Agreements- This final module for the AZ-900 test is worth 10 to 15% of the exam’s total score.
AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam: How Do You Prepare?
- Become a Microsoft Learning Path participant
You will find different chapters listed across the page in the free online learning modules for the AZ-900. Each chapter focuses on a separate learning part to help you understand the concepts and fundamentals necessary to pass the exam.
- Visit the Microsoft Documentation Center
Microsoft provides a plethora of AZ-900 and Azure Fundamentals material. The documentation will assist you in gaining all of the theoretical knowledge required to pass the exam.
- Select the Instructor-Led Training option
After completing these lessons, you will have mastered all of the domains necessary to pass the AZ-900 exam. If you want more in-depth training, though, you can enroll in Microsoft’s instructor-led azure certification training courses.
- Examine the Forums and Study Groups
Join a few AZ-900 study groups or forums to become a part of a larger learning community. Over those communities and forums, you can share and learn from widely shared resources. Learn how to understand difficult ideas and prepare for the certification exam.
- Informative Books can teach you a lot
Look for AZ-900 principles in physical or electronic publications. In addition to all internet preparation materials, books can be of great use in revising the topics before the examination.
- Consider taking the AZ-900 Practice Exam
Finally, before you sit for the exam, make sure you are familiar with the exam format and are well-prepared to pass it. To do so, you should take practice examinations on an internet platform to ensure that you know your current preparation level. As a result, you can improve or maintain your preparatory routine.
It is the preparation process you must follow to pass the AZ-900 test. Every ounce of knowledge you gather will assist you in obtaining this certification and advancing your profession. So, once you’ve completed half of your preparation for the AZ-900 exam, you can go ahead and schedule your exam. Once you’ve set a date, you’ll need to keep practicing to improve your skills.