The first thing that you should know about decorating a small living room is that color choice matters more than size does. The lighter colors will fill up your needs for living room decor ideas.
We all want a space that is ours, to be proud of, and that reflects our style. These tips from interior designers will help you take your small living room decor ideas up a notch!
If you are looking for simple solutions on how to improve your small living room, read this blog post, carefully. Living in a small space can be challenging and there are many ways to make it feel bigger and more open. From the design of furniture layouts to innovative storage solutions, we cover all the bases so that you can enjoy your home without feeling cramped or confined.
The average living room size is about 10×14 feet, but many homeowners feel that their space is too small to be functional. The good news is there are some simple tips you can use to make your small living room seem bigger and more inviting.
1) Paint the walls a light color – paint reflects natural light and makes a room appear brighter. Light colors also make a smaller space look larger by drawing attention away from its dimensions.
2) Consider using furniture with clean lines – when selecting furniture for your small living room, consider items with clean lines as these will help create the illusion of depth in an area where depth may not exist.
3) Store objects off the ground – storing bulky items on tables or shelves above eye level.
List of Small Living Room Decor Ideas Shared for Everybody:
- Add plants around the room to add life and color in your small or large home
- Hang artwork on the walls to spruce up the space
- Use different textures in your decor, such as soft carpet and hardwood floors
- Get rid of clutter – old clothes, shoes, books, etc., can make a small living room feel even smaller
- Choose furniture that matches the size of your living room so it doesn’t look too crowded or cluttered
- If you have an open floor plan with kitchen and dining area next to the living room, consider painting all three rooms one color for continuity
- Add a rug to the floor for warmth and comfort
- Hang a mirror on the wall to make it feel more spacious
- Put up some art or photos that you love most
- Use lamps instead of overhead lighting so your space feels cozy and intimate
- Get rid of clutter by storing away unused items in closets, cabinets, drawers, or baskets
If you are struggling with how to decorate your living room, we hope these tips help! We know it can be hard to find the perfect pieces for a small space and sometimes adding too much in one area of the room can make things feel cluttered. So don’t forget that less is more when deciding what goes where. Follow our advice below on creating an inviting atmosphere while still making use of all available space as well as incorporating colors or patterns that best suit your personality. You may also want to consider other areas like windowsills, bookshelves, tablescapes, etc., which will have an impact on how welcoming and cozy this room feels overall.
These living room decorating ideas are all about creating a cozy, inviting space that feels like home. So if you’re looking for some fresh inspiration to add your own personal touch to your small living room, then these tips should help get the creative juices flowing! Let us know which of these interior design hacks have caught your eye and how they might work in other spaces around the house too.
If you have another opinion on small living room decorating ideas, please put your valuable comments in the comment section. Your comments will be appreciated and approved for improvement of our contents.