Atlanta is one of the busiest cities in the US. The roads are always crowded with people trying to reach their destinations at the earliest. A considerable number of road mishaps in the city can be attributed to factors like reckless conduct, negligence, speeding, drunk driving, and distracted driving. If you were injured in such an accident, you need to learn more about your rights. The whole process of recovering a financial settlement can be more complicated than you think, and your best resource is a seasoned lawyer with credible experience in personal injury law. Here’s why you need to find a lawyer before you initiate the claim.
Know your car accident claim better
People often find themselves handling many things at once following a car accident, and while victims should ideally rest and recover from their injuries, they spend time trying to understand Georgia laws. Engaging an attorney can save you trouble. Most law firms in the city can schedule free consultations with their lawyers on request, and when you meet one, you should ask questions like –
- What are your initial impressions of my car accident claim?
- What can I expect in a settlement?
- From the available evidence, what factors are likely to impact the case?
- Will you be personally responsible for handling the process?
- How can my role affect my compensation?
Your attorney can gather evidence
You need to provide adequate evidence to prove that the other driver was liable for the car accident, and that often takes significant work. Once you have an attorney, they will do the following –
- Communicate with the insurance company to start the claims process
- Handle the necessary paperwork
- Investigate the car accident to find evidence
- Talk to medical experts about the extent and nature of your injuries
- Gather professionals to demonstrate how the mishap happened
- Talk to witnesses to find more information
Your attorney will not demand a fee now
If you are concerned about the costs of hiring a car accident lawyer, it is essential to know that injury lawyers don’t take the standard hourly rate. Instead, the lawyer agrees to fight the legal battle on a contingency arrangement, which includes a percentage of the final compensation. If you win, the lawyer will take that share, but if you don’t recover a settlement, the lawyer cannot ask for money for the time spent on the case.
Contact a car accident lawyer now!