We, Bangladeshi citizens have National ID. Somebody means it Voter ID which is not real. It is fully wrong. It is actually NID (National Identity Card) . There is a 13 digits number on the NID. Do you know what does it mean? The 13 digits mean as follows:
- First 02 Digits : District Code (There are 64 different codes for different districts and for Dhaka it is 26)
- Next 01 Digit : It is RMO Code.
- For City Corporation, it is 09
- For Cantonment area, it is 05
- For Municipal area, it is 02
- For Rural area, it is 01
- For out of Municipal are (Town), it is 03
- For others, it is 04
- Next 02 Digits : It is Upazilla / Police Station Code.
- Next 02 digits : It is for Union Code (For Rural Area) / Ward Code (For City Corporation Area)
- Last 06 digits : The Form Number that you filled during filling NID application form.
Now, 17 digits NID is provided now in all over Bangladesh. The first 04 digits is the Birth Year.