PPF stands for “paint protection film”. It is also known as “paint protection” and “clear bra”. There are two ways to apply protective film to your vehicle. DIY and professional installation.
If you’re not sure which is right for you, this article will help you decide. We’ll cover the pros and cons of each option. So, you can decide what best suits your needs.
Pros and Cons of DIY Installation
#1. You don’t need any certification
You don’t need any special training or certifications to apply your own PPF coating materials.
#1. It can be expensive
The cost of DIY PPF installation will vary depending on the following two factors:
- The amount of material you purchase, and
- How much time do you spend on the project?
However, it’s generally more affordable than hiring someone else to do it for you.
Hiring a professional can be expensive, especially if they are charging by the hour or by square foot. Applying PPF to an entire wall or ceiling could take several hours. If you’re planning on doing this, you should expect a hefty payment.
#2. It can be time-consuming
The DIY process requires a fair amount of patience. It can take a few hours. If you’re not very patient or don’t have enough time, this could be problematic.
#3. You might not do it right
When installing PPF yourself, any dust particles or other contaminants will get stuck between layers during drying time. Those particles will remain there permanently. Unless you remove them by hand before curing occurs.
Tips for DIY Installation
When installing PPF, you have to be prepared for the prep work:
- Before applying your new film, you’ll need to clean and prepare your car’s paint job.
- Make sure that all surfaces are clean and dry. Any dirt or debris on either surface will create air bubbles under the film.
- It’s best to start early in the day, so you can work uninterrupted.
- Make sure that you have plenty of space available for your vehicle.
- Moreover, hot weather makes this process harder. You should know that heat expands things while cold weather contracts them.
Pros and Cons of Professional Installation
#1. Professionals are experienced
Professionals have experience installing PPF on cars. This gives them an advantage over DIYers.
#2. Professionals have the right tools
They also have access to tools and equipment, like heat guns. These tools are necessary for applying PPF properly.
#3. Professional have certification
The most important factor is certification. Only qualified installers should be trusted with your car’s paint job.
#1. You might not get free quotes
Most pros do not offer free estimates or quotes. Instead, they will charge an hourly rate for their time.
If you’re ready to pay upfront, it’s possible to negotiate a better deal with your installer. You might want an accurate estimate of how much your PPF installation will cost before making any decisions. We recommend using our instant quote tool.
If you want to ensure that your PPF is applied correctly, it’s best to leave it up to the experts.
A Professional Installer Could Be Your Best Option
You might be looking for a quick and easy solution. A professional PPF installer like ID Protection could be your best option. Here’s why:
- You can get a quote or estimate before the work begins.
- You can also book an appointment with a pro to come to your home.
- The pros have experience with PPF installations. So, they’ll complete the job more quickly than if you did it yourself.
- There might be any issues with your car’s paint job after installation. The professionals will know how to fix them without causing further damage. For instance, buffing out scratches.
For a DIY installation, there are a few things to consider before starting your project. For example, the materials used in PPF installations can cause damage if they come into contact with certain chemicals. Like car washes and waxes. You’ll also need to prepare your vehicle. You’ll have to clean it completely before applying the coating.
If you’re looking to get your car wrapped, it’s best to hire a professional. They will know how to apply the film correctly. You can also save money in the long run by hiring professionals. They will do such an amazing job on your vehicle that it won’t need any further work done.
Keep Reading: How To Create A Calm Home? Benefits Of Decluttering