You can express your feelings to someone indirectly using passive-aggressive goodnight sayings. Whether you’re feeling irritated, upset, or simply frisky, there’s a passive-aggressive goodnight saying out there for every case.
In this article, we’ll explore 80+ passive-aggressive ways to say goodnight. We’ll also provide some tips on how to respond to a passive-aggressive goodnight saying.
Passive-Aggressive Ways To Say Goodnight
Here are 80+ passive-aggressive ways to say goodnight:
Funny Passive-Aggressive Good Night Sayings
Here are some funny passive-aggressive ways to say goodnight:
- Good Night! Sweet dreams! And by sweet dreams, I mean dreams where you’re endlessly falling and can’t wake up.
- Nighty night. Catch some Zs, if you feel like it.
- Good Night! I’m sure you’ll be up all night anyway.
- Good Night! Sleep tight! Don’t let the bedbugs bite…or do. I don’t care!
- I can’t deal with your drama anymore. Goodnight!
- Sweet dreams! May the sandman show up fashionably late!
- Good night, I hope your snoring will be in accord.
- Goodnight! And don’t let reality wake you up.
- Good Night! And don’t let the Phasmophobia keep you up too late.
- May your dreams be as dramatic as you are. Good night!
- Good Night! Sleep tight! And don’t let the fear of death keep you up all night!
- I’m going to sleep, but don’t worry, you can keep talking.
- Sweet dreams! The dreams where you’re being chased by a huge dog.
- Good Night! Don’t let the bedbugs bite, or do, whatever!
- I’m turning in, so I can stop lying to you. Good Night!
- Good Night! So I can avoid you until tomorrow.
- I’m catching some z’s, but I’m sure you’ll be up for a while.
- Good Night! Sleep well! Or you can just pretend to sleep well. It’s more fun!
- Good Night! I’m off to my bed now, where I’ll most likely just lay awake for hours.
- Good Night! Sweet dreams, if you have any.
- I’m on my way to dreamland, where all my dreams come true. Just kidding! Good Night!
- Good Night! And remember, if you don’t dream big, you won’t be disappointed in the morning.
Mean Passive-Aggressive Good Night Sayings
Here are some examples of mean passive-aggressive goodnight sayings:
- Good night. Sweet dreams, or whatever!
- Nite, bitch. Or asshole works too.
- Good Night! I hope the mosquitos bite your ass.
- I can’t listen to you complain anymore. Good Night!
- I should go to sleep now, so I can stop lying to you.
- Night night, if you care.
- Good night. Hope you have an okay sleep.
- Goodnight! Hope you wake up in the morning.
- Rest up, if that’s your thing.
- I hope you have a good night, so you won’t be so irritating tomorrow. Good night!
- Good night! Dream pleasantly, if you can.
- I’m off to bed now, so I can stop pretending to like you.
- Sleep well! May your dreams be as sugary as your words.
- Goodnight! May your sleep be as good as your intentions.
- Wishing you a night as comforting as your obstinacy. Good night!
- I should go to bed before I say something I regret. Good night!
- I need to get some rest so I can deal with you again tomorrow. Good night!
- Sweet dreams, because you’re going to need them.
- I’m going to sleep, so I can dream about a world where you don’t exist.
- I’m off to bed now, so I can wake up reinvigorated and ready to deal with your bullshit tomorrow.
- Good night, if you can even sleep.
- I’m calling it a night, so I can stop thinking about you.
- Sleep tight. It’s not always easy being you, but I’m sure you’ll manage.
- Goodnight, and may your conscience be as clear as your doings.
- Good night, if it matters.
- Good Night! Sleep well, knowing that some of us have to work for a living.
- May you have a restful night, even if your day wasn’t quite as considerate.
- Good Night! I hope your sleep is as uninterrupted as your ego.
Keep Reading: 150+ Creative & Funny Ways to Say Good Morning
Indirect Passive-Aggressive Goodnight Sayings
Here are some examples of indirect passive-aggressive goodnight sayings:
- Good night! Sleep well, I guess.
- Sweet dreams, hope you don’t wake up with a headache.
- Good Night! I hope you sleep well…if you can.
- Sleep tight, don’t let the bedbugs bite…or your conscience.
- Good Night! I hope you have a better attitude in the morning.
- Good Night! And let your thoughts wander as they often do.
- I’m turning in, so I can start my day tomorrow on a positive note.
- Wishing you a night as interesting as your day.
- Good Night! I’m sure you’re drained.
- Good Night! Sleep well, just like you always do.
- Sweet dreams, because reality is overrated.
- I’m hitting the sack, so I can finally have some peace.
- Well, good night to you too, I guess.
- Good night. If you can sleep, that is.
- I’m hitting the hay, so I can wake up and realize that it was all just a bad dream.
- Goodnight! I’m going to bed now, so I can finally be alone.
- Good Night! I hope you have a good night, so you’ll be in a better mood tomorrow.
- Here’s to a soothing night, however, that looks for you. Goodnight!
- May your dreams be as intriguing as your personality.
- Good night. Sleep tight, like the lid on the jar of unsaid things.
- Good night. I hope your sweet dreams will be more punctual than yours.
- May your night be as exciting as your social media posts.
- Goodnight, and I hope you find the rest you deserve.
Subtle Passive-Aggressive Ways To Say Goodnight
After the other person says “Goodnight”, you can answer with any of the following subtle ways:
- “uh huh”
- “Good for you”
- “Up to you”
- “Thumbs Up Emoji”
- “Goodnight.” followed by a period.
Why Do People Say Goodnight In A Passive-Aggressive Way
People say goodnight in a passive-aggressive way because of the following reasons:
- to be sarcastic
- to be funny
- to be mean
- to be indirect
How To Respond To Passive-Aggressive Comments
Here’s how you can respond to passive-aggressive comments:
- Ignore it
- Laugh it off
- Respond with a similar comment
- Be direct and tell them openly what you mean
- Just say goodnight
Here are some additional tips for avoiding passive-aggressive comments yourself:
- Be genuine
- Be direct
- Be polite
- Be respectful
- Be aware of your tone
- Be aware of your audience
- Be specific
- Be honest
- Avoid making generalizations
You must know that passive-aggressive behavior can be injurious to relationships. If you receive a passive-aggressive goodnight saying, you should just ignore it. And if you want to respond, you should do it in a light-hearted way.
Be direct and honest. If you’re feeling irritated or angry, just directly and respectfully express how you’re feeling. And if you’re tired, just say goodnight.
Watch this video: