Good quality food and vegetable consumption are necessary for the good health of a person. Coronavirus has majorly impacted the whole world, and doctors have said that proper eating habits during this time are essential. What one consumes can affect their body ability to fight against the virus.
The most crucial step is to skip frozen or fried food and start eating healthy and fresh food. With fruit and veg delivery in Sydney, it is becoming easily accessible for fresh fruits and vegetables to be delivered at one’s doorstep.
What should one do to have a healthy diet during this time?
- Variety of food: One must mix and match and eat a variety of different food. Whole grains like maise, wheat and rice. Legumes like beans and lentils. Fresh fruits and vegetables and also milk, eggs, etc.
- Protein: Protein helps in repairing damaged cells and building new muscles. It also helps boost immunity. Protein-rich foods like fish, bananas, nuts, lean meat, pulses, and legumes help replenish lost nutrition. They are also omega-three fatty acid-rich which boosts metabolism.
- Vitamins: Fresh fruits and veggies are a must to keep one in good health. These are rich in vitamins and help strengthen one’s body’s resistance to fighting the virus. Multivitamin and vitamin C-rich fruits like pineapple, oranges, lemons, and mangoes also help revive the lost nutrients and boost the respiratory system as they hydrate the body.
- Fats and oil intake: One must replace butter and ghee with healthier fats like soy, olive, sunflower or corn oils. One must go for white meats like fish and poultry instead of red meat. One must go for a low-fat version of milk and dairy products.
- Home-prepared meals: Home-prepared meals are the most preferred option during this time. One should cook using methods like steaming or boiling instead of frying. Try out healthy dishes using recipes on the internet.
- Salt intake: One should use less salt while preparing meals, and iodised salt is preferable. Make fresh herbs and spices a staple for adding flavour instead of salt.
- Sugar intake: One must lower the intake of sugary drinks or sweets. One must skip sweet snacks like cookies, chocolate and cakes and opt for fresh fruits. Even if one is going for sweet treats, one must limit their portion and choose low sugar. If one wants a sweet once-in-a-while, they can go for dark chocolate containing 70% cocoa. This will help lift the mood and prevent anxiety.
- Carbohydrates: Whole grains like oats, ragi are rich sources of carbohydrates. This will help boost immunity.
Do Fruits And Vegetables Transmit The Virus?
It does not directly transmit the virus, but one must wash it before using it. Ideally, using warm water with soda helps proper cleaning of the fruits and vegetables. Also, organic and fresh ones are necessary for consumption as they will help keep body immunity in good condition. Frozen food or junk can weaken the body’s immunity.
When purchasing perishable items such as vegetables and fruits, fresh and organic ones are everyone’s first choice. However, one might not find it safe to step out and hand-pick the organic ones themselves. In this case, Fruitzey is here for fruit and veg delivery in Sydney. They deliver fresh and hand-picked fruits and vegetables on one’s doorstep. Not only that, but they also promise to give affordable rates without compromising on quality.